June 24, 2007

I'm It! 7 Things...

Got *tagged* to share 7 random things...

1. Okay, I already posted this on Hank's blog, but I must have the driver and passenger side windows rolled down to even lengths, if they're not, I will mess around with the power window switch until they are (I'm getting worried that I may be revealing too much of my OCD tendencies with this confession).

2. I really dig vocabulary, as in, when someone uses just th
e right word to capture just the right moment, I really, really dig it.

3. I am a foosball shark, in fact, my brother is the only person I know that can beat me (for anyone who knows Amir, he and I still need to play the tie-breaking 3rd round of our
Louhelen match).

4. Blackberries are my favorite fruit.


5. Last night, I got really scared in bed thinking about scorpions
and rattlesnakes, which are far too prevalent (see, nice vocab, eh?) in Arizona. I just remembered how in Az I twice almost picked up a scorpion in my house because I was walking around without my contacts/glasses and saw what I thought was brown *fuzz* on the carpet & how Emiliano found a rattlesnake (!!!) slithering around in his parent's bathroom when he was a teen. Those are 2 perfectly good reasons to raise Kapono in the Midwest.

6. Kapono inherited my favorite features of his father's: nose, brows, fingers, and toes.


7. This is a given, but my absolute most favorite thing in the wo
rld right now is my achingly, breathtakingly beautiful son.

Below: Kapono in his newly arrived *hanbok* hat -- he will wear the full traditional Korean dress for his one year birthday


8 comments:

Sholeh said...

Kapono is probably one of the cutest babies I've seen. Ever. I look forward to seeing the full outfit!

Kim said...

Thanks, Sholeh! He is even cuter in person!!! I hope you get to meet him someday soon. We miss you in Chicago ~ I hope Haifa is treating you wonderfully. Thanks for the note! :)

Anonymous said...

Kim, Kapono is sooo handsome! He has such a wise look for such a little one! :-) your blog is very entertaining, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Kim said...

Thanks, Auntie Jandi! I just can't wait for you to meet him in person. A lot of people have commented that Kapono has an "old soul". By the way, I was thinking that it'd be really neat if you started a blog, too! :-)

Emiliano said...

In regards to no.1, true, true, true. I would say it's a Korean thing if it wasn't for your sister and her pesky messes who debunk my whole Korean-order theory. My laundry saves me from this critique. Oh and by the way I think that Kapono is the most adorable baby in the world. You and your husband are very lucky. Love your husband.

mykgerard said...

I have to say that Kim has whupped me (see, there is no other word better than whupped for this expression)... so bad at foosball, I don't think I'll ever recover... Also.. Emiliano looks so tired behind Kapono.. I hope you guys are getting enough sleep.

Kim said...

Hey, Myk -- thanks for verifying my foosball skillz ;-) And yes, we are tired...although I must admit that that was also a pretty bad shot of Emiliano, who's got sleepy eyes anyway. Are you still down for a Six Flags trip this summer?!?

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is ever-present in this day and age, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.livejournal.com/491.html]R4i[/url] DS HomeBrow)