June 10, 2007

This Is How Tired We Really Are


Today is June 10, 2007. 4 years and 2 days ago, Emiliano and I got married on June 8, 2003, in Arivaca, Arizona. He and I completely forgot this all important fact until earlier this afternoon when a long-lost friend mentioned that he and his wife were celebrating their 5 year anniversary in 20 days and I said, "Wow. Our anniversary's coming up, too...wait, what's the date today?" Emiliano said that he was happy because I'd forgotten, too. This is how tired new parents really are. Our belated anniversary dinner tonight was Basha's (fine Lebanese cuisine which I think might actually be better than *gasp* Pita Inn) and which we discovered does not have a changing table in the restroom. [Side note -- why is that the women's restroom is usually the only restroom equipped with a changing table?!?] Happy anniversary to us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, happy anniversary! I'm glad you remembered and were able to have a family celebration, despite the exhaustion.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! And I'm so excited that you have a blog now!

Love to you both,

Suzanne

Unknown said...

wow, that's funny :) cute blog, i enjoyed reading...can't wait for more-you're a great writer!

Nathonius said...

Congratulations. Liz and I are 4 as well. Well, actually 4 and 1/2...
I'm glad you both forgot, so as not to fulfill the stereotype of the uncaring, ignorant husband, or the woman who ignores her husband and only thinks about her child(ren)
Just really tired...yeah that's about right.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I'm so glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourselves, you deserve it. Hugs and kisses to my favorite new parents and nephew!
Love-Auntie Amy :)

Kim said...

Thank you for the *Happy Anniversary* wishes everyone! Emiliano & I are still laughing about the fact that we totally spaced about it. We're also being forgiving with ourselves b/c we're just SO TIRED!!!

Anonymous said...

Basha IS better than pita inn! i only say this because there's something at pita inn that i'm allergic too. not sure what, but my dining experience is much more pleasant at basha.

happy anniversary, belated!
kari