June 20, 2007

How Moms Do Math

So, I did not know that it was possible to feel even more tired beyond being a new nursing mom, but I've discovered that adding a full summer school courseload will do the trick :P Hence, this photo of how moms really get things done.

In the world of Kapono, our lil' guy had his 2nd round of immunizations today :( which is no fun for anyone. On a lighter note, he's 26 inches long and 19 lbs 2 oz (compared to 22 in & 7 lbs 14 oz at birth). We are just so proud of him -- I think it's the neatest thing that we adults are so proud of babies for simply doing things like growing taller and bigger. His pediatrician joked that he must've read the chapter on 4 month olds because he's doing all those things that 4 months old tend to do...rolling over back to belly (it's the cutest thing, too, b/c he rolls himself over & then gets *so* frustrated to be on his belly but Emiliano & I are both thinking, you're the one that got yourself there -- have fun with it!), knawing anything that he can get his hands (and gums!) on, smilling, cooing, giggling, and the gradual face to floor motion when he's seated. I'm still in awe of his dark, dark eyes and Emiliano & I will do just about anything for his smiles.

6 comments:

Dena said...

oh my goodness....what cuteness! i'm so glad i found your blog :-)

Kim said...

Thanks, Dena! Me, too! I've missed seeing the HomeStar gang the past couple of Mondays -- I've been drowning in homework!!! Hopefully, I'll be there this coming Monday w/Kapono to cheer for our favorite team!

Anonymous said...

Oh man -- that first picture almost made me die laughing. You are hilarious!

mykgerard said...

Man.. he has so much personality already!

Kim said...

Mojan, there are so many crazy shots where I'm holding/nursing Kapono in one arm & typing on the computer/reading my textbook with the other. The life of a working/studying/nursing mom :)

Kim said...

Hi Myk, he really does!!! I really hope you and Lacey get to meet him someday soon.