July 13, 2007

Summertime

I've missed m'blog! We've had guests galore -- which has been wonderful, especially for Kapono bear. Auntie Kristen and Uncle Oliver are in town now along with Carlos and Kerina and crew. Carlos and Kerina have 4 (yes, 4!) children between ages 10 months and 6 (yes, 10 months and 6!!) and just being around them w/Kapono the past few days has confirmed my desire to have more children, particularly to enrich Kapono's life with zany siblings to adore and stimulate him. It's been remarkable to see how entranced he is with the children and how interactive they all are together. I can already see in just these few days how younger siblings reach developmental milestones more quickly simply because they have older role models to stimulate them. Kapono watches Kalima (10 months) racing around on all fours and I can see him at 5 months trying to figure out how to do it himself.

I'm hanging on for dear life with classes and work. I've realized that I can somewhat sanely keep my head above water with new motherhood along with work or class but the combination of the 3 puts me into overdrive. Patient Emiliano has had to endure a stressed out nursing mom, not a good combination.

Emiliano's show tonight at Refuge was the jam: line-up of Nathan Davis, Patrick Parrish & co, Paolo, and the Quickeners. Photos courtesy of Emeric to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, have I told you yet that your decision to return to school, even with an infant, is incredibly inspirational!! Kudos, keep it up! ;)

Kim said...

Thanks so much, Jandi! I really appreciate the encouragement and support. So far, so good...finished my first final this week. Whew!